A common action plan has been chalked out for the Odisha RTE Forum to pursue the momentum in the long run. A proposed action plan has been developed in consonance with the national agenda and keeping in view the realities in the State. Some specific programmes/ activities in this regard shall be as follows.
1. Pushing forward policy change in the state rule as the needs of different marginalized groups are not properly addressed in the same.
2. Highlighting major gaps in the process of RTE implementation in the State and drawing the attention of the state in this regard.
3. Stock taking on the implementation of the Act in the State on a yearly basis.
4. Raising policy issues needing legislative action like tribal education and issues of migrant children that are challenges to implementation of RTE in Odisha.
5. Conducting research activity on the process of RTE implementation in the State and documenting the best practices.
6. Preparing an inventory of organization, network, individuals and agencies working on education in the state both at the central and grass root level in Odisha.
7. Organizing public hearing, social audit and interface programmes.
8. Organizing capacity building and training and promoting innovative practices.