Activities done so far
Activities done so far:
- Members of RTE Forum met former Principal Secretary, Dept. of Schools and Mass Education, Government of Odisha .
- Members of RTE Forum also met the former Minister , School and Mass Education Education, Government of Odisha.
- A two stock-taking convention was organized in Bhubaneswar from 26th and 27th April 2012 at Hotel presidency. More than 350 participants participated in the convention. The minister of school and mass education, 3 MLAs from 3 major political parties participated in the convention. The Chairperson, SCPCR and SPD-OPEPA were also their in the meeting. The proceedings of the meeting has been printed and circulated among the various stakeholders.
- As a follow-up, Odisha RTE Forum organized a workshop in collaboration with Sikshasandhan on 4th June 2012 at Red cross. It was decided that A road map will be prepared for Odisha RTE Forum. Smruti Ranjan Jena and Bharati Chakra were assigned the task.
- Odisha RTE Forum also organized a consultation on RTE for Media in collaboration with Sikshasandhan and Oxfam India.
- A Memorandum to the Chief Secretary, Chief Minister and Commissioner-cum-Secretary, Dept. of Schools and Mass Education, Government of Odisha highlighting various problems in implementation of the Act in the state and some suggestions for the improvement of the situation has been submitted.
- During the convention , a number of applications came to Odisha RTE Forum highlighting specific problems in the implementation of the Act. These cases have been forwarded to the Chairperson SCPCR.
- Besides, Odisha RTE Forum collaborated with its partners to highlight the issues on ECCE, education for migrant children and tribal children. Odiaha RTE Forum organized a consultation on ECCE in collaboration with NCE at Red cross Conference Hall. Amongst other partner organizations like Aide -et-Action has conducted a study on migrant children and it is constantly engaging government on the issue of education for migrant children in Odisha. CYSD engaged on budget analysis in the realm of RTE both at the state and district level. Sikshasandhan is organizing district level consultations on RTE in different part of Odisha. In Sundergarh, the district collector Ms. Rupa Roshan Sahoo has opened a grievance redress cell for education in Sundergarh district as per her commitment in the district consultation meeting by Sikshasandhan.
- In the mean time district level consultation on RTE were organized in Malkanagiri, Nabarangapur,Sundergarh,Sonepur, Boudh, Deogarh, Keonjhar, Mayurbhanj. District chapters have been formed in case of Keonjhar, Malkanagiri and Nabarabngapur.
- As a part of National Process, It is cooridnating a study to assess the status of implemnetion of RTE in the state.
- The proceedings of the stocktaking convention has been printed and distributed widely.
- It has organised a round table on status of education in civil strife area on 24th November 2012 with the support of Save the Children. The proceedings of the report has also been printed and distributed.
Leave a comment